Holy shizballs, this small man turned one this week. A whole year, 365 days, has flown past. And what once was a small helpless screaming pink little baby, is a standing, talking (well babbling), loving, cheeky little man. Raising a baby is the hardest thing we’ve ever done as parents, and also the most amazing thing we’ve ever done as humans. Once that little ball of goodness comes out there is no turning back. For every extreme high there has been a matching low, but the combined result is….honestly the most amazing year of our lives.
To celebrate Austin’s first birthday I thought I would share some little tidbits that I’ve learnt over the last year:
- I used to act crazy when I was hungry. Now I act crazy when I’m tired. And I’m tired all the time. Uh oh. Catnapping and coffeeee have become my new best friends
- Baby poo is a hot topic between new parents. How often, what colour, soft or gooy, how many per day and the size of each. Yep, there is lots to talk about when it comes to baby poo
- Baby wipes can be used for pretty much anything. And I mean anything. Cleaning my hubby’s Jordan’s, the tv, wiping benches, tables, floors. Cleaning hands and faces (as much as baby hates it). And of course…baby bums. Cleaning cute chubby poo stuck in baby but cracks
- Babies sleeping through the night seem to be a made up fantasy to give new mothers hope
- A new born baby will poo 12 times a day. Sometimes more. Relentless amounts of squirty orange poo
- My husband and I have started talking about the future. And I don’t mean 2 year plan or even 5 year plan I mean… what will we be doing in 20 years time? Where will we be? What will Austin be like? (Mind f*^k thinking about your baby being 20 years old)
What will the next year hold? Who knows! But by god we are ready to grab it by the balls and own it.